Job Title: Billing Coordinator/Accounts Payable
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Provide routine accounting support under supervision and within established company guidelines. Position requires flexibility, good interpersonal skills, proficient mathematical and accounting skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows all GCW Core Competencies and Values.
- Assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as required.
- Verifies invoices, contracts and contract amounts for accuracy.
- Works closely with Project Managers to coordinate and assist with all invoice related activities.
- Responsible for all customer invoicing; which includes preparing, verify for accuracy and mailing invoices to clients.
- Enters data and maintain accurate filing for all accounting invoices and transactions.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Creates, prepares and balances monthly reports and the accounting ledgers as requested.
- Assists with monthly and year-end close out reports, filings, procedures, and records.
- Resolve any customer inquiries or disputes in a professional manner.
- Locates materials requested and pulls them from the files.
- Provide cover for the duties performed by the other staff within the department as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint and Microsoft programs.
- Comfortable with mathematics and financial data. Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical or compliance instructions, presentations, and memos.
- Ability to write compliance correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, meet deadlines and work well under stress. Must be self-motivated.
This position does not have supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree. Minimum of 4-6 or more years of hands-on accounting experience. Prior experience working within Civil Engineering or Land Development environments preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
General Office, MS Word, PowerPoint, Windows, MS Excel, Outlook. Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint (or equivalent accounting software) experience. Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, bend and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a typical office settings. Characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.