Job Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Project Manager
Uses advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. Serve as technical specialist, staff advisor and consultant in area of specialization. Provide technical support for design effort including participation in planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc. May be given project management responsibilities. Supervision of engineering and support personnel is usual at this level but may often be on a lead and project basis.
- Preparation and oversight of technical studies, submittals, plans and general design for public works projects and private developments.
- Ensure engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project schedule.
- Oversee preparation of engineering calculations and estimates in area of specialization pertaining to respective projects.
- Coordination of services during construction including attending progress meetings, supervising review of shop drawings, issuing RFI responses and investigating field changes.
- Direct day-to-day project management activity on design and planning projects as assigned, including scheduling and budget.
- Develop, implement, and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
- Assist in the proposal process for new contracts, including estimates and project scope.
- Oversee, review, revise and certify engineering reports, specifications, and drawings within area of specialization.
- Oversee work of engineering interns and/or technical staff on project-specific tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of CAD software, Civil 3D, and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Perform water and sewer analysis
- Prepare GIS databases and exhibits documenting existing and proposed infrastructures
- Condition assessment of sewer facilities and rehab recommendations
- Improvement plans for reservoirs, pump stations, and sewer lift stations
- Improvement plans for major utility infrastructure
- Sewer and Water Main infrastructure design
- Sewer Capacity Studies
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum four (4) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management. Experience with treatment facility design, pump and lift station design, and municipal engineering preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position requires a Nevada Professional Engineer license, or capable of acquiring in six (6) months after hire. Valid driver’s license.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.