Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Land Development
Reports To: Department Director
As a Land Development Project Manager at GCW, you will provide administrative and technical management on engineering/construction projects, from proposal preparation through final acceptance by client. You will plan, coordinate, and provide direction on a variety of large and complicated engineering projects or on a number of smaller projects with many complex features. Supervision of engineering and support personnel is usual customary at this level, but may often be on a project basis.
- Provides oversight of technical studies, submittals, plans, and general design for public works projects and private developments.
- Completes project initiation documents, which includes detailed work scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Consults with Director or Supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments, and gets Director’s or Supervisor’s approval for completed plans and other documents as directed.
- Coordinates with jurisdictional agencies on technical and procedural matters.
- Ensures work is performed based on current engineering principles and standards; complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations; and is completed as planned, budgeted, and scheduled.
- Keeps client informed of ongoing project status and provides sufficient management, advice, and support to the members of the project team.
- Contributes to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and other projects as needed.
- Ensures costs are kept in line with original budget for time, travel, and material expenses; and issues project change notices in a timely manner, to reflect agreed-upon changes.
- Ensures that project status reporting is current with actions and changes on assigned projects and is able to respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per company and engineering standards.
- Manages and supports all staff on project-specific tasks including oversee and evaluate individuals work performance.
- Meets regularly with clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities with current clients or through referrals.
- Reviews all pre-bills and coordinates with clients for any overdue invoice payments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the full breadth of engineering concepts specific to the discipline including calculations and the principals behind them.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the appropriate application of different mathematical and scientific principles to produce accurate engineering design calculations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized and unique situations.
Land Development Division
- Master planned communities
This position has supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum four (4) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire is preferred. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.