Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Department Director
As a Transportation Project Manager at GCW, you will provide administrative and technical management on engineering/construction projects, from bid preparation through final acceptance by client. Plan, coordinate, and direct on a variety of projects ranging from large and complicated to small and complex. Supervision of engineering and support personnel is usual at this level, but may often be on a lead and project basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversight of technical studies, submittals, plans, and general design for public works projects and private developments.
- Complete project initiation documents, which include detailed work scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Consult with Director or Supervising team members concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Ensure work is performed based on current engineering principles and standards; complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; and is completed as planned, budgeted, and scheduled.
- Communicate with client(s) to keep them informed of ongoing project status.
- Provide sufficient management, advice, and support to the members of the project team.
- Contribute to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and other projects as needed.
- Ensure costs are kept in line with original budget for time, travel, and material expenses; and issues project change notices in a timely manner, to reflect agreed-upon changes.
- Ensure project status reporting is current with actions and changes on assigned projects and responds to client requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per company and engineering standards.
- Manage and support all staff on project-specific tasks including overseeing and evaluating individuals work performance.
- Meet regularly with clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
- Review all pre-bills and coordinates with clients for any overdue invoice payments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Office, and Project)
- Experience with Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Green Book, and MUTCD
- Familiarity with consulting environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering is required. Eight (8) years of experience as a project engineer/planner in transportation is preferred. Minimum four (4) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management is required. Verifiable experience in performing level of service calculations and traffic operational studies is necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.