Job Title: Proposal Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President
As a Proposal Manager at GCW, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our firm through securing new work. In this position, you will support the Marketing team by working with GCW’s engineering professionals to develop well-written, winning proposals. The Proposal Manager is responsible for the development and creation of large-scale project proposals and statement of qualifications (SOQs) for civil engineering industry-focused proposals.
Proposal Preparation and Management:
- Monitor RFP posting sites and circulate potential opportunities to senior leadership for consideration.
- Support pre-positioning activities for identified pursuits including research.
- Plan, schedule and manage proposal preparation and production process for identified pursuits.
- Manage and oversee coordination with and amongst internal staff, subconsultants and vendors during proposal preparation process.
- Prepare materials for, plan and lead proposal kickoff meetings.
- Compose proposal content including project descriptions, resumes of key staff, and other information needed to appropriately and concisely respond to evaluation criteria.
- Develop proposal, graphics, covers and dividers.
- Develop interview presentations and collateral materials.
- Assist in strategy development with support of management team.
- Plan and manage quality control process to ensure all proposal requirements and specifications are met and that edits are addressed.
- Plan and lead internal marketing meetings.
- Manage and maintain company qualifications and proposal-related content, such as resumes, project descriptions, photos, and licenses.
- Regularly update information and content of GCW website and intranet site.
- Manage social media program by leading internal social media committee meetings, planning and scheduling posts, creating and posting content, overseeing quality control process.
- Plan, attend and coordinate various networking events and professional association meetings for business development purposes.
- Manage Client Appreciation Program.
- Edit marketing and other technical documents for grammar and content as part of company-wide QA/QC process.
- Monitor promotional products stock and submit renewal orders.
- Manage vendors that support marketing activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of engineering, surveying and construction industry terminology and infrastructure types.
- Ability to effectively communicate with wide variety of staff types, clients, regulatory agencies and industry partners.
- Ability to manage overlapping priorities and stacked deadlines.
- Superior writing skills with strong technical writing, editorial, and proofreading expertise.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical or compliance instructions, presentations, and memos.
- Ability to observe details and make edits to ensure consistency.
- Ability to work under minimal guidance or supervision, while communicating status of work activities.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, and/or other graphic design software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under stress.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
This position may have supervisory and oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related field preferred. A minimum of three years working in professional communications and/or marketing, preferably in a professional services environment is required. Demonstrated job-specific experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.