Job Title: Senior Engineer
Reports To: Principal, Department Head, or Supervising Engineer
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Writes proposals for future work.
- Assists with project management duties; maintains strong working relationships with clients and agency personnel.
- Attends project coordination meetings with client and other project disciplines.
- Meets with agency staff to coordinate on project needs and to resolve issues.
- Learns and stays knowledgeable of local agency requirements, applicable codes, and plans approval processes.
- Attends a minimum of eight hours per year of technical and eight hours per year of managerial continuing education. Maintains proficiency with productions software. Updates staff on what was learned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Office, and Project)
- Experience with water and sewer analysis, reports and design requirements for municipal and private development clients
- Knowledge of sewer interceptor and water transmission main infrastructure design
- Experience with the municipal consulting environment
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment unit processes and systems
- Ability to prepare consulting engineering scope and fee for municipal water and wastewater study and design projects
- Perform water and sewer analysis
- Prepare GIS databases and exhibits documenting existing and proposed infrastructures
- Condition assessment of sewer and water facilities and rehab recommendations
- Improvement plans for reservoirs, pump stations, and sewer lift stations
- Improvement plans for major utility infrastructure
- Sewer and Water Main infrastructure design
- Sewer Capacity Studies
- Septic Tank Designs
- Ability to use WaterCAD, SewerCAD, and HCALC
This position may or may not have supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum four (4) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management. Proficient in CAD software, Civil 3D, and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.