Assist in preparation of construction contract documents and technical specifications for divisions within the company and occasionally external clients. Assist marketing department with large proposals as required. Provides administrative support to direct supervisor and department staff.
- Assist in preparation of construction contract documentation and specifications as directed.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of civil engineering specification writing methodologies and procedures, including contract documents and bidding procedures.
- Has knowledge of CSI guidelines and formats; and public agencies’ document formats.
- Assist in preparation of project manuals for all projects across engineering disciplines which may include roadway improvements, bridges, waterway related projects, and airport improvements amongst others.
- Assist Project Managers/Engineers with construction contract documents and specifications including provision of quality control functions.
- Assist Project Managers, as required, with training on construction contract documentation compilation and methodologies to company engineers.
- Assist marketing department as directed with large proposals when required.
- Organize and maintain filing system for contract and specification documentation, engineering documents, and other records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications. Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This job may or may not have supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
Must possess a high school diploma or GED, and two (2) years post-secondary education at a university, community college, business, or vocational school, and at least two (2) years of experience involving specification preparation. Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Prefer experience with Microsoft Project.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
General Office, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Construction Documents Technologist (CDT). Also, prefer Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) certification through CSI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, stretch, and lift. Employee must have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, full color vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. Work may require moderate physical exertion with long periods of sitting or standing; lifting up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.