Job Title: Survey Office Technician
Reports To: Senior Land Surveyor
Under general supervision, design computer-generated surveying drawings for clients in both the public and private sector as well as cross collaborate with one of GCW’s many divisions such as Land Development, Airport, Transportation, Water Wastewater, Flood Control, or Structural. Strong AutoCAD Civil 3D skills are necessary to visualize and design intricate mapping features.
- Research, prepare, and complete plans, exhibits, and legal descriptions using CAD software programs (AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- Complete closure calculations.
- Perform ink or mylar “free-hand” and “cadline” lettering as necessary.
- Collaborate with engineering staff and/or clients to revise drawings.
- Reproduce and distribute plans, drawings, etc. as needed.
- Perform fieldwork as needed.
- Conduct research and obtain information pertaining to specific projects.
- Conduct site inspections, when deemed necessary, to ensure the effective production of plans, drawings, sketches, and models.
- Maintain organized files relating to plans, drawings, and sketches, which will allow access to project information for the Project Manager and other team members as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Boundary, Topographic, and ALTA/ASCM Survey
- Knowledge of Legal Descriptions and Exhibits
- Proficient AutoCAD Civil 3d software skills
- Willingness to learn and abide by the company’s CAD procedures for layering
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with others
Education and Experience Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. A minimum of two (2) years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.