Job Title: Civil Engineering Student Intern
Reports To: Project Manager
As a civil engineer student intern at GCW, you will have the opportunity to further your education by applying learned material in a professional employment setting, make new connections, and gain hands-on experience. You will work in a collaborative environment and support the Project Management team in efforts of design, document development and administration, depending on expertise and knowledge. This is a part-time position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs simple calculations and computer data entry
- Performs basic design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD)
- Assists staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, and preparing reports
- Addressing utility/agency/project manager red lines and comments to plans
- Attends in-house training programs
- Conceptual Planning
- Conceptual Design Report
- Airside Design (Runway/Taxiway/Apron)
- Landside Design (Roadway, Curb front, Parking)
- FAA 7460
- FAA Specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possesses ability to apply engineering principles to evaluate and solve basic engineering problems.
Education and Experience Requirements
Currently enrolled in University/College Civil Engineering Program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Working knowledge of CAD Civil 3D software and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Project) is a plus. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.