GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: CAD Technician
Department: Land Development
Reports to: Department Director or Project Manager
Prepares, under general supervision, and with some exercise of judgment, computer-generated engineering drawings according to established standards and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and completes plans, calculations, drawings, sketches, and models as required to support, design, and develop proposals using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Revises or changes drawings, traces and/or copies existing drawings, and completes simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Manipulates existing information to prepare or assist in the composite exhibits and plans.
- Reproduces and distributes plans, drawings, etc. as required.
- Prepares presentation-type exhibits using proposed information from other consultants or markups from design staff.
- Maintains all necessary records relating to plans, drawings, and sketches in a neat and organized manner.
- Performs ink or mylar “free-hand” and “cadline” lettering as necessary.
- Assists in research studies and information gathering in preparation for specific design projects.
- Under supervision, interfaces with agencies (i.e. processing, research, and plan checks).
- Performs fieldwork as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to transcribe and accurately read “blue print” drawings, engineering, architectural, and shop drawings
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Computer literacy in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of legal descriptions and exhibits
- Strong AutoCAD Civil 3d software skills
- Ability to learn and follow the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering
Education and Experience
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience. A Bachelor of Science in an appropriate engineering discipline is preferred. (1) Year of work experience within a Civil Engineering Firm using AutoCAD Civil 3D software is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.