GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: CAD Technician
Reports to: Department Director or Project Manager
As a Transportation CAD Technician at GCW, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and work as part of a team on a variety of projects related to roadway. This position presents an opportunity for you to design computer-generated engineering drawings for clients in both the public and private sector. Strong AutoCAD Civil 3D skills are necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with engineers and other designers/technicians to prepare and complete plans, calculations, drawings, sketches, and models to support, design, and develop proposals using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Manipulate existing information to prepare or assist in the composite exhibits and plans.
- Reproduce and distributes plans, drawings, etc. as needed.
- Prepare presentation-type exhibits using proposed information from other consultants or markups from design staff.
- Maintain all necessary records relating to plans, drawings, and sketches.
- Perform ink or mylar “free-hand” and “cadline” lettering as necessary.
- Assist in research studies and information gathering in preparation for specific design projects.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to interface with agencies (i.e. processing, research, and plan checks).
- Perform fieldwork as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to transcribe and accurately read “as-built” drawings, engineering, architectural, and shop drawings
- Proficient AutoCAD Civil 3D software skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of legal descriptions and exhibits
- Willingness to learn and abide by the company’s CAD procedures for layering and file management
- Ability to effectively work with others
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and a technical school degree/certificate in a related discipline is required. 1 year of working experience within a Civil Engineering Firm using AutoCAD Civil 3D software is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.