GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Designer
Department: Land Development
Reports to: Department Director or Supervising Engineer
As a Land Development Designer at GCW, you will have the opportunity to design land development and public works projects. This team member is responsible for preparing construction drawings, hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, utilities, and specifications. The Designer works closely with Project Managers and CAD Technicians. Strong AutoCAD Civil 3D skills are necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and prepares plans and calculations for specific projects such as single family, residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional engineering projects under the direction of Project Manager.
- Assists in research studies and information gathering in preparation for specific designs.
- Prepares engineering drawings, study plans, and tentative maps.
- Maintains organized files relating to designs, plans, and projects progression, which facilitates easy access to project information for the Project Manager and other team members as required.
- Coordinates with and delegates appropriate tasks to technical staff, internal departments, and sub-consultants for project components.
- Assists in the creation of exhibits for clients.
- Under supervision, interfaces with agencies (i.e., processing, research and plan checks).
- Attends weekly progress meetings to generate weekly progress reports, to be reviewed and approved by the Project Manager.
- Maintains a high level of quality control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and abide by the company’s CAD procedures for layering and file management
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor of Science in an appropriate engineering discipline is preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of (3) years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D software is required. Experience with commercial and residential design is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.