GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Designer
Department: Land Development
Reports to: Department Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Designs land development and public works projects. Prepares construction drawings, hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, utilities, and specifications. Works closely with Project Manager and CAD Technicians.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and prepares plans and calculations for specific projects such as single family, residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional engineering projects under the direction of Project Manager.
- Assists in research studies and information gathering in preparation for specific designs.
- Prepares engineering drawings, study plans, and tentative maps.
- Maintains organized files relating to designs, plans, and projects progression, which facilitates easy access to project information for the Project Manager and other team members as required.
- Coordinates with and delegates appropriate tasks to technical staff, internal departments, and sub-consultants for project components.
- Assists in the creation of exhibits for clients.
- Under supervision, interfaces with agencies (i.e., processing, research and plan checks).
- Attends weekly progress meetings to generate weekly progress reports, to be reviewed and approved by the Project Manager.
- Maintains a high level of quality control
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft programs (Word and Excel)
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of Land Desktop
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor of Science in an appropriate engineering discipline is preferred. A minimum of (3) years of experience using CAD software is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.