GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Director of Flood Control/Vice President
Department: Flood Control
Reports To: Principal
The Director of Flood Control Engineering is in direct control of the flood control and drainage engineering practice, exercises direct or indirect supervision of all personnel in flood control and drainage engineering professional and technical matters. The Director is responsible for the technical excellence of the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows all GCW Core Competencies and Values.
- Identifies and markets to additional business opportunities with key clients.
- Participates in client relations management for assigned key clients.
- Works with technical staff to develop proposal sections, technical approaches, and scopes of work.
- Meets with new/existing clients to discover project information.
- Participates in proposal presentations, interviews, and business development activities.
- Manages and is accountable for the overall performance and day-to-day operations for the department, including meeting or exceeding performance metrics.
- Implements current and proposed growth and sales plans and develop strategic plan for the department.
- Provides senior level quality control review for department projects.
- Delivers quality projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Supervises, mentors, and assists staff in developing final design plans.
- Provides timely review of staff timesheets and expense reports for accuracy.
- Serves as senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects. Provides technical direction and development on the scope of engineering work, detailed and on-going schedule input, man-hour requirements, and budgets for the assigned project elements.
Flood Control Division
- Technical and Master Drainage Studies including hydrologic and hydraulic calculations
- HEC1, SF6, WSPG, HEC RAS, FlowMaster
- Detention Basin design
- FEMA flood zone mapping
- CCRFCD Master Plan updates
- Channel and drainage infrastructure design
- Drainage Exhibits (Vicinity, Location, FIRM, F-MAP, SOILS, Precipitation, Drainage Basin, Facilities)
This position has supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 10+ years of related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state Professional License (PE) required. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, stretch, and lift. Employee must have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, full color vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. Work may require moderate physical exertion with long periods of sitting or standing; lifting up to 30 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The noise level in a field environment is usually medium to high. All weather conditions exist in a field environment.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.