Job Title: Engineering Intern II
Reports To: Project Manager
As an Engineering Intern II at GCW, you will perform entry-level professional engineering work including developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under close supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with design and planning of engineering projects under supervision of the Project Manager.
- Report preparation, modeling, calculations, drawing preparation and revisions, and review of shop drawings and requests-for-information under Project Manager Supervision.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates, reviews modeling and basic calculations.
- Assist with study plans, conduct research and preparation of draft technical specifications for review and approval by Project Manager.
- Interact, as directed, with clients on an intermittent basis as well as gather information from agencies as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of CAD software, Civil 3D, and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Ability to apply engineering principles to evaluate and solve basic engineering problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Conceptual Planning
- Conceptual Design Report
- Airside Design (Runway/Taxiway/Apron)
- Landside Design (Roadway, Curbfront, Parking)
- FAA Specifications and Advisory Circulars
Summerlin Master Planning & Engineering
- Master planning communities
- Roadway infrastructure
- Utility design and coordination
- Parks and Paseos
- Residential Land Development
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum two (2) years of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (EIT) examination. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.