Job Title: Project Assistant/Processor
Department: Land Development
Reports To: Department Director or Project Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides support to Project Manager and project staff. Responsibilities include processing and tracking submittals, permits, projects, reports, and correspondences with regulatory agencies and personnel at the local, state, and federal level as well as organizing and researching information, code analysis, and troubleshooting in regards to given project assignments by Project Managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists staff with tasks relating to report/document preparation including organizing, tracking, copying, printing, and assembling, binding, and folding report components in order to achieve required deadlines.
- Prepares appropriate forms, plans, and maps and coordinates with Project Manager/Engineer to ensure that all necessary documents are produced and compiled in a manner acceptable to the receiving agency, company, and/or department.
- Obtains signatures and approvals.
- Tracks and reports submittal status to Project Manager/Engineer.
- Coordinates submittal reviews with internal departments and ensures all are returned and distributed to meet the required timeline.
- Assists in the resolution of project issues by providing supporting documentation and scheduling information as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of production schedules.
- Provides assistance with submittals to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence, engineering, and other records pertaining to all projects.
- Delivers documents, reports, and submittals as required while adhering to deadlines.
- Assists in providing front desk/ reception coverage as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Can work under minimal guidance or supervision
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Project
- Must be self-motivated
Education and/or Experience
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Two (2) years post secondary education at a university, community college, business, or vocational school is preferred. (2) Years of experience involving project processing and coordination is preferred.
Certificates, License, Registration
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.