GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Flood Control
Reports To: Department Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Plans, coordinates, and directs engineering projects. Provides administrative and technical management from bid preparation through to final acceptance by client. Supervision of engineering and support personnel is usual at this level, but may often be on a lead and project basis. Exceptional working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and Microsoft programs is necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of technical drainage studies suitable for agency review.
- Provides planning and engineering expertise in area of specialization to external development groups and internal design groups.
- Completes project initiation documents, which includes detailed work scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Ensures work is performed based on current engineering principles and standards; complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Keeps clients informed of ongoing project status and provides sufficient management, advice, and support to the members of the project team.
- Contributes to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and other projects as needed.
- Ensures costs are kept in line with original budget for time, travel, and material expenses; and issues project change notices in a timely manner to reflect agreed-upon changes.
- Ensures the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per company and engineering standards.
- Meets regularly with clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
- Assists in preparation of proposals and statements of qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Civil 3D and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Office, and Project)
- Knowledge of Arc-GIS (is a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. A minimum of 10 years of experience in Flood Control and a minimum of 2 years of project management experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.