GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Land Development
Reports To: Department Director
As a Project Manager at GCW, you will provide administrative and technical management on engineering/construction projects, from bid preparation through final acceptance by client. You will plan, coordinate, and direct on a variety of large and complicated engineering projects or on a number of smaller projects with many complex features. Supervision of engineering and support personnel is usual at this level, but may often be on a lead and project basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides oversight of technical studies, submittals, plans, and general design for public works projects and private developments.
- Completes project initiation documents, which includes detailed work scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Consults with Director or Supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments, and gets Director’s or Supervisor’s approval for completed plans and other documents as directed.
- Ensures work is performed based on current engineering principles and standards; complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations; and is completed as planned, budgeted, and scheduled.
- Keeps client informed of ongoing project status and provides sufficient management, advice, and support to the members of the project team.
- Contributes to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and other projects as needed.
- Ensures costs are kept in line with original budget for time, travel, and material expenses; and issues project change notices in a timely manner, to reflect agreed-upon changes.
- Ensures that project status reporting is current with actions and changes on assigned projects and is able to respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per company and engineering standards.
- Manages and supports all staff on project-specific tasks including oversee and evaluate individuals work performance.
- Meets regularly with clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
- Reviews all pre-bills and coordinates with clients for any overdue invoice payments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of CAD software, Civil 3D, and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the full breadth of engineering concepts specific to the discipline including calculations and the principals behind them.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the appropriate application of different mathematical and scientific principles to produce accurate engineering design calculations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized and unique situations.
Land Development Division
This position has supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum four (4) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.