GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Designer
Department: Land Development
Reports To: Department Director or Supervising Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Designs land development and public work projects. Prepares construction drawings, hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, utilities, and specifications. Performs non-routine and complex assignments, including planning and conducting a complete project with diverse designs. Assumes lead project design responsibilities and works directly with the Project Engineer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and prepares plans, including calculations and estimates for specific projects such as single family, residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional engineering projects under the direction of the Project Manager and in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Estimates quantities and solves engineering problems.
- Prepares engineering drawings, study plans, and tentative maps.
- Conducts research and preparation of draft technical specifications for review and approval by Project Manager.
- Coordinates with and delegates appropriate tasks to technical staff, internal departments, and sub-consultants for project components.
- Assists in the creation of exhibits for clients.
- Attends project meetings and/or project site, with client, owner, agencies, or contractor.
- Provides detailed answers to field questions during project constructions; including responding to Request for Information by understanding the project conditions.
- Attends weekly progress meetings to generate weekly progress reports, which are to be reviewed and approved by the Project Manager.
- Maintains a high level of quality control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft programs (Word and Excel)
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of Land Desktop
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Education and Experience
A Bachelor of Science in an appropriate engineering discipline is preferred. A minimum of (6) years of experience using CAD software is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.