GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Land Surveyor
Department: Land Survey
Reports to: Supervising Land Surveyor
Supervises and coordinates the activities of field and office surveying functions with particular emphasis on project management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Survey Director with supervising office and field survey activities.
- Prepare survey schedules to ensure projects are on time and within budget projections, and meet client’s requirements and expectations.
- Direct and assist technical staff in specific projects, and in compilation of ALTA Surveys, Final Plats, Parcel Maps, Records of Survey, exhibits and legal descriptions.
- Ensure survey activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project schedule.
- May recommend design changes to conform to field conditions.
- Provide expert technical advice on all aspects of area of expertise to other managers and staff to ensure effective decision making, including advice and support to other departments.
- Prepare clear and comprehensive reports and technical correspondences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications. Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This job may or may not have supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor degree with major work in surveying science, engineering or a related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience in technical surveying including a minimum of three (3) years as Party Chief. Directly related experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Good working knowledge of CAD software, Land Desktop and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Project). Valid driver’s license. P.L.S. preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, stretch, and lift. Employee must have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, full color vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. Work may require moderate physical exertion with long periods of sitting or standing; lifting up to 30lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the office work environment is usually low. The noise level in a field environment is usually medium to high. All weather conditions exist in a field environment.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.