Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports To: Department Director
Perform professional engineering project management work. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to all projects assigned. Work involves successfully leading multiple projects through all phases from project conception to completion, according to project time lines and budgets. Phases of such projects typically include conceptual design, project scope, engineering design, environmental assessment and documentation, and construction. Oversee work of project contractors and consultants. Provide direction to employees assigned to projects. Work is performed based on engineering principles and standards, county, state and federal laws and regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares engineering project proposals and schedules to ensure projects are on time and within budget projections, and meet client’s requirements and expectations.
- Oversees the detailed design of various assigned projects and is ultimately responsible for the final production of drawings.
- Consults with Manager/VP concerning unusual problems and developments, and gets approval for completed plans and other documents as directed.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, directs and ensures the successful construction and completion of assigned projects. Reviews and approves complete plans.
- Establish project schedules and timelines including work projections, milestones and analysis of critical production pathways.
- Responsible for written reports, contracts, additional service authorizations, pre-bills.
- Establish internal quality control methods and procedures to comply with company, client, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Communicate with clients, regulatory agencies, contractors and internal and external support teams.
- Oversees invoicing and collection of payments from clients for assigned projects.
- Take an active role in new business development. Meet regularly with key clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of CAD software, Civil 3D, and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the full breadth of engineering concepts specific to the discipline including calculations and the principals behind them.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the appropriate application of different mathematical and scientific principles to produce accurate engineering design calculations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized and unique situations.
Summerlin Master Planning & Engineering
- Master planning communities
- Roadway infrastructure
- Utility design and coordination
- Parks and Paseos
- Residential Land Development
This position has supervisory and/or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors of Science degree in appropriate engineering discipline. Minimum seven (7) years of experience in engineering design and/or project management with progressive levels of responsibility.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.