GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Survey Field Manager
Department: Land Survey
Reports to: Department Director
Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical, skilled survey engineering work in the field and office; supervises the survey crew(s).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise/perform/schedule technical surveying work as required, including GPS surveying, running level loops, boundary, and topographic field surveys.
- Manage compilation, calculations and processing of field data.
- Assist with record map and document research; prepare plats and legal descriptions; prepare record boundary and easement maps, all for review by the Professional Land Surveyor (PLS).
- Assist with preparation of clear and comprehensive reports and technical correspondences under supervision of PLS.
- Assist with preparation of maps, right-of-way documents, land descriptions, plans and calculations for boundary and right-of-way projects under supervision of the PLS.
- Ensure survey activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project schedule.
- Ability to communicate with client’s field supervisors, to coordinate, schedule, and maintain efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to understand survey mathematics, and work efficiently with AutoCad and similar software.
- Ability to apply common sense; have the understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This job does have supervisory or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. A combination of education and experience equivalent to a minimum of five (5) years of surveying with increasing responsibilities is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Working knowledge of CAD software, Land Desktop and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Project). Valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, stretch, and lift. Employee must have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, full color vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. Work may require moderate physical exertion with long periods of sitting or standing; lifting up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The noise level in a field environment is usually medium to high.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.