GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Survey Office Technician
Reports To: Senior Land Surveyor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs non-routine and complex assignments with minimal supervision. Prepares computer-generated surveying drawings according to established standards and procedures. CAD skills are required to visualize and portray intricate mapping features. Works closely with design originator and Project Manager. May recommend minor design changes requiring sound judgment and discretion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Researches, prepares, and completes plans, exhibits, and legal descriptions using CAD software programs.
- Completes closure calculations.
- Performs ink or mylar “free-hand” and “cadline” lettering as necessary.
- Revises or changes drawings per engineering staff or per comments from entities and/or client.
- Reproduces and distributes plans, drawings, etc. as required.
- Performs Fieldwork as required.
- Conducts research and obtains information pertaining to specific projects as required.
- Conducts site inspections that may be required to ensure the effective production of plans, drawings, sketches, and models.
- Maintains organized files relating to plans, drawings, and sketches, which will allow access to project information for the Project Manager and other team members as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Boundary, Topographic, and ALTA/ASCM Survey
- Knowledge of Legal Descriptions and Exhibits
- Ability to learn and follow the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed correspondence and reports
Education and Experience Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. A minimum of two (2) years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.