GCW Holdings, Inc.
Job Title: Designer
Reports To: Department Director or Supervising Engineer
As a Transportation Designer at GCW, you will have the opportunity to create and provide design ideas and solutions for a variety of projects, both in the private and public sector, related to roadway. Strong AutoCAD Civil 3D skills are necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with engineers and other designers/technicians to design and prepare plans and calculations for specific engineering projects.
- Estimate quantities and solves basic engineering problems.
- Assist in research studies and information gathering in preparation for specific design projects.
- Maintain all necessary records relating to designs, plans, and projects progression, which facilitates easy access to project information for team members.
- Provide project related guidance to CAD technicians.
- Assist in the creation of exhibits for clients.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to interface with agencies (i.e. processing, research, and plan checks).
- Maintain a high level of quality control.
- Meet expectations for Senior CAD Technician and E.I.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced CAD design skills including Grading, Corridors, Pipe Networks, Profiles, and Super elevations
- Knowledgeable of traffic sign design
- Knowledgeable of arterial and freeway design including roadside safety and lighting
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with others
- Willingness to learn and abide by the company’s CAD procedures for layering and file management
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline preferred and at least three (3) years experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Must be proficient in AutoCAD. Proficiency with Bentley software applications is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.