Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Water Wastewater
Reports To: Project Manager and/or Supervising Engineer
As a Water Wastewater Project Manager at GCW, you will serve as a project lead/manager, client contact, technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant in the municipal water and wastewater discipline. This position provides technical experience and expertise for water and wastewater projects including proposal preparation, scope and fee development, process and design development, lead planning and design, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, constructibility reviews, etc. As Assistant Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for completing and leading design efforts and managing projects or assisting in the management of projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and provides oversight of technical studies, submittals, plans and general design for public works, water and wastewater treatment and conveyance, and private developments projects.
- Develops and supports overall project schedule and ensures engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements.
- Oversees preparation of engineering calculations and estimates.
- Participates and coordinates services during construction including attending progress meetings, supervising review of shop drawings, issuing RFI responses, and investigating field changes.
- Develops, implements, and administers project-engineering procedures.
- Assists in the proposal process for new contracts, including estimates and project scope.
- Oversees, reviews, revises, and certifies engineering reports, specifications, and drawings.
- Oversees work of engineering interns and/or technical staff on project-specific tasks; reviews plans for technical adequacy and constructability.
- Prepares improvement plans for major utility infrastructure such as pump stations, and lift stations, transmission and interceptors, water and wastewater treatment facilities and unit processes
- Oversees the development of special provisions, cost estimates, and quantity take-offs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Office, and Project)
- Experience with water and sewer analysis, reports and design requirements for municipal and private development clients
- Knowledge of sewer interceptor and water transmission main infrastructure design
- Experience with the municipal consulting environment
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment unit processes and systems
- Ability to prepare consulting engineering scope and fee for municipal water and wastewater study and design projects
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required. Masters degree in Civil Engineering is preferred. Minimum five (5) years of experience in water and/or wastewater treatment facility design is required. Six (6) to ten (10) years of related experience including municipal water and wastewater treatment facility design, construction administration, pump and lift station design, and municipal engineering experiences is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nevada PE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. Valid driver’s license. Travel in personal vehicle may be required.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.